The case is about a group of people in this world who have been often termed as ‘Dilli Walahs”.
I would just pen the traits. Just for a read!
- You drink only on Monday , Wednesday , and Thursday to Sunday evenings. And try not drinking on Tuesday! And treating a friend means – Daaru Shaaru te kabbab shabbab.
- You hear women asking the vegetable vendor "Bhaiyaa dhaniya hari mirchi nahi diya!" [Even with Half a kilo Carrot – Dhania & Hari Mirch is expected free ] 😉
- A place to meet is Mocha, CCD, Barista, Hookah!
- You use the word "setting" or "jugad" at-least once a day.
- You have not visited either of – Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Lotus Temple . It is for tourists .
- You ride on the cycle rickshaw – haggle over the price but still pity rickshaw walla’s condition and give him what he asked.
- You always ask the vendor "Bhaiya yeh Gol-Guppe Aate ki hai ya Sooji ke?"
- You have been to a wedding at a Mehrauli farmhouse at least once.
- You understand all important words in Punjabi & punjabi "helping verbs" 😉
- You call the waiter in the restaurant "boss" or "Pappey" & tack on "yaar"/ "bhai" to almost every sentence.
- You know that Pappay Da Dhaba or Kakkay Da Hotel has better butter chicken than Taj. You’ve at least tried it once! And you see a BMW, a Porsche OR a Mercedes parked outside it!
- You describe practically every other person on the planet as "Vella".
- You see Middle Aged Aunties wearing Gucci shades and holding LV bags having Gol-Gappas in GK or Bhelpuri in South Ex along with Diet Coke !
- You call every stranger ‘Bhaiya’
- You refer to East Delhi as "Jamuna Paar".
- You refer to AIIMS as Medical.
- Pretty girls as Totta, Maal or Bamb (Punjabi for Bomb)
- Aashiq mizaz boys as Majnu di Aulad !
- You don’t buy tickets for a music concert or cricket match, but try to use political contacts of - “the deputy secretary of the chief secretary of the Minister of State for Khadi.”
- You overtake everyone from the wrong side and stare into his/her eyes while doing so.
- You have fought atleast once with neighbors over parking.
- You’ve hit 120 kmph at Nelson Mandela Marg and waited for midnight to do it.
- You have bribed a traffic policeman at-least once – every month.
- You use "contacts" (Jugaad) for everything, from getting movie tickets to restaurant bookings to playschool admissions.
- You call people from north east CHINKIS.
- You think EVERY South Indian comes from ‘ Madras ‘ and is Madrasi.
- You feel indicating which way you are going to turn your vehicle is an information security leak.
- You are a good driver coz you are correct in your Guess of what the driver in the front vehicle will do.
- The only time you went to the Chidiya Ghar (Zoo) was on a school picnic.
- You expect around 10 FM STATIONS in every city! Woohooo!
DESPITE all the good and bad, you still love Delhi and feel proud at the catchphrase – Dilli hai Dil Walon ki!
Image credits: Prato9x